Thank you …Grazie …Dík …Merci …Danke …Chokran …Gracias …Tak …Dank u
The blogging community is at it again… award season appears to be in full swing. I’ve recently received nominations for awards from three different bloggers. I couldn’t be happier, or more grateful for the kindness the community is showing me and my little blog. Recent award nominations include the Liebster Award from á la main; the Dragon Loyalty from Indu’s International Kitchen; and the One Lovely Blog from Creating Beauty in the Kitchen. This happens to be the order I received them, so I shall handle the rules for acceptance in the same manner. I offer a huge Thank You to the ladies behind these three spectacular blogs!
The Liebster Award
Cathy and Hailey are the ladies behind á la main. On their “about” page you’ll find they met and became friends in college and it is stated that “Both girls are extreme foodies and die-hard Bruin fans with full-time corporate day jobs.” Bruins fans? Oh, oh… I do hail from Hockeytown and I am a die-hard Red Wing fan. Round one of the playoff season even brings a Bruins vs Red Wing match-up. How’s that for irony? Sport team allegiances aside, we do share a love of good food. And good food they share! From Caprese Grilled Cheese to Blood Orange Bellinis – head on over to their site to check out everything in between too. I received other nominations for the Liebster in recent weeks, and being I passed the award along at that time, I’ll simply answer the questions put before me. Thank you very much Cathy and Hailey for the thoughtful nomination!
1. If you were told you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be? This is a tough one, but probably ooey, goey mac and cheese.
2. If you were any kitchen utensil, what would you be and why? A food processor – capable of many different functions at just a flip of a switch.
3. What is the dish on your blog you are most proud of? Probably the Chou Farci as it was a real, stepping outside my box challenge.
4. Outside of blogging, what are some of your favorite things to do for fun? Entertaining, gardening and traveling to name just a few.
5. What is your ultimate favorite restaurant, and what city is it in? There was a little pizzeria in the hill town of San Dalmazio, Italy that had the best pizza I’ve ever eaten! I’ll never forget it 😛
6. What dish would you bring to a potluck at the beach? Something not requiring silverware or refrigeration… a nice rolled sandwich in flat-bread perhaps.
7. What is your favorite food season and why? Which ever one I’m just entering… a “cheat” of an answer I know! But I truly get excited at the change of season to cook the foods I’ve been missing. So now it happens to be Spring with all the grilling.
8. What is your favorite ice cream flavor? Chocolate chip – not mint chocolate chip and not chocolate chip cookie dough – just chocolate chip. If you’re offering gelato though…I’ll have the fragole!
9. Where do you seek continued inspiration for your blogging endeavors? My own kitchen, as well as restaurant meals and what others are blogging about.
10. What are you most passionate about? My family! [and feeding them 😉 ]
The Dragon Loyalty Award
The lovely Indu, of Indu’s International Kitchen, nominated me for the Dragon Loyalty Award. Thank you so much Indu, for bestowing the Dragon Loyalty award upon me and feasting with friends. After a little research, I found that The Dragon’s Loyalty Award is a thank you to followers or fellow bloggers who’ve shown ‘loyalty’ or at least visited your blog a few times and shown their appreciation. Got it! I first met Indu at Fiesta Friday and I’ve been a follower of her inspiring blog ever since. Indu’s blog has only been public since December 2013. Prior to that it was a private site for friends and family. I’m so happy she decided to go public and share her multicultural dishes with us all. Recent offerings from her kitchen include a stunning Fruity Tres Leches Cake and Saag Aloo Chicken, an Easy Chicken Curry. Double yum! One of the “rules” for acceptance of this award include me, as recipient, to share seven facts about myself, so…
- One reason I love to entertain, and do it quite often, is so I’ll clean the house. I joke that I need to have guests at least weekly just so our home will get a thorough sprucing up. It, unfortunately, is true. I hate cleaning and “company is coming” is the only thing that gives me the spark to get the job done!
- I have a potty mouth. Yes, I can curse like a
sailor, truck drivercrazy women. Yes, I’m aware it isn’t very lady-like or acceptable in all settings. But sometimes…sometimes a little shout of *$#@ and !^&? just feels so good!
- I don’t iron…at all. And with good reason. I suffered 3rd degree burns on my hand at only 9 months old when a hot iron fell on my hand. Two skin graft surgeries and many years later the scars are barely noticeable. I’d like to keep it that way…so no ironing for me.
- One of my many [too many] guilty pleasures in life is Double-Stuffed Oreos. Oh yeah – double the hydrogenated oils and all!
- One of my chores growing up was “readying” the yard for my dad to cut the grass. This meant, in the heat of summer, wandering through the yard, garbage can in tow, picking up rotting, bee-laden fruit that had fallen from the variety of trees. Cherries, peaches and pears. Eww, not fun. To this day, I don’t have fruit trees in my yard, fruit bushes – yes – but no trees. It has forever scarred me, hehe.
- Shortly after Glenn and I first married, we took our first trip to New York City. It was a fabulous trip… until I got lost … in Macy’s! Yes…I got lost in a store! Silly me. Glenn still laughs about the look of panic on my face when he “claimed” me at the lost and found
- I write poems. Silly poems. Poems for special occasions mainly – Glenn’s 40th birthday, his parent’s 50th anniversary – things like that. I can only write poems that rhyme and I’m envious of those with the “true” talents of poetry writing. My grandmother also had this, ahem “talent”. They are now bound in a book I compiled a few years back after her death. Mine, on the other hand, remain hidden in a drawer.
One of the rules of participation is to pass the award along to those who have been “loyal” to me. I do realize many bloggers do not participate in the award process, and I respect that. As I’ve stated before, there will be no hurt feelings on my part if someone chooses not to go forward with the award process. However, even knowing this, I do feel it’s okay if I choose this forum to send a shout-out to those I’m grateful for, participation or not. My nominees for the Dragon Loyalty Award are….
Chicago John @ the Bartolini’s kitchen
Angie @ The Novice Gardener
Victoria @ Silent Ramblings of an Aspiring Writer
Simi @ acasadisimi
deliciously Nell @ I Need a Feed
Liz @ My Favourite Pastime
Margherita @ La Petite Casserole
Jhuls @ The Not So Creative Cook
Lisa @ Simple Pairings
Alex @ Dinner Daydreams
Dimple @ Shivaay Delights
Linda @ la petite paniere
Cathy and Hailey @ á la main
and… I’m bestowing a Dragon Loyalty back to Indu @ Indu’s International Kitchen, for she is just as loyal to me as well. Don’t worry Indu, no new nominations required!
The rules for accepting this award, for the Dragon Loyalty Nominees, are as follows:
1. Display the award on your blog.
2. Announce your win with a post and thank the blogger who nominated you.
3. Present 15 deserving bloggers with the award [in no particular order].
4 Link your winners in the post and let them know of their being awarded.
5. Tell seven interesting things about yourself.
The One Lovely Blog Award
Last but not least, I was awarded the One Lovely Blog Award by Lori at Creating Beauty in the Kitchen. Again, I had to research this one a bit, as I had never heard of this award. I wanted to know the origins and what it is for. And my search came up empty. As in zilch, nada, nothing. Lots of blogs display it, but from what I could find no one is quite sure of it’s meaning. It happens to be a lovely award never-the-less, and I will gladly accept it from Lori 🙂 Thank you very much for considering my site worthy of the One Lovely Blog Award. xx If you haven’t met Lori and Creating Beauty in the Kitchen, you need to hop on over there and check it out! If you visit her “about” page, she will tell you, “I would rather clean a toilet without gloves in someone else’s house than cook a meal.” Lol, that’s Lori for you! I bet that has changed a little since she started her blog in January though. She may have hated cooking at one time, but I don’t know how she can both hate it and be so good at it at the same time. She is cooking around dietary restrictions with the most delicious results. Recent posts have included a Cinnamon Ganache Berry Tart with a Cinnamon Pomegrante & Honey Glaze as well as Black Bean Tostadas. Drop by her blog for a visit to see what else is brewing in her kitchen. Once again, I need to share seven things about myself…sorry if I’m boring you, but here I go!
- I’ve never been a huge fan of my name. Growing up I was called Nanny, Nanny-goat and Fancy Nancy [in a snarky tone] among many others. At this point though, I guess I’ll stick with it!
- My favorite room of the house is the screened in back porch. I live out there when the weather permits, taking in the fresh air in a bug-free environment. It’s my favorite place to relax, read and even take a nap.
- Glenn and I were engaged less than 6 months from our first date and married 6 months from that. First date to wedding was a smidgen over a year. It will be 29 years of marriage this October. When you know, you know!
- I love planning vacations. I spend so much time researching destinations Glenn teases me I have planning OCD. And yes, I will admit, I have assembled 3-ring binders of information for a couple of our trips to Europe. Hahhah, they did come in handy though!
- I have a summer obsession with our garden. No matter how old I am, or how many years we’ve had the garden, I’m still amazed that “We grew that!”. I love that so much that goes on our table comes from our own backyard.
- When I’m home there is always background noise to keep me company … the TV, music or the dogs energetic barking. The only time I want complete silence is when I’m sleeping.
- I love fresh flowers in the house. My favorites include tulips, daisies and hydrangeas. I’ve never been a big fan of roses, though I do have several rose bushes in my yard.
One of the rules of participation is to pass the award along to 7 other bloggers who have “One Lovely Blog”! Once again, I do realize many bloggers do not participate in the award process, and I respect that. As I’ve stated before, there will be no hurt feelings on my part if someone chooses not to go forward with the award process. My nominees for the One Lovely Blog Award are….
Sonia and Candace @ Everybody Loves Pretty
Johnny @ Kitschnflavours
Cita @ Loving Food Fashion & Life
Judi @ Cooking with Aunt Juju
Chef Julianna @ Foodie on Board
Sonal @ simplyvegetarian777
Hilda @ Along the Grapevine
The rules for the award:
Add the “One Lovely Blog Award” image to your post.
Share seven things about you.
Pass the award on to seven nominees, and inform them by posting on their blogs.
Thank you again to the blogs behind my nominations…you’ve all provided me with an attitude of gratitude! Congratulations to all of my nominees!