Today, feasting with friends is sharing a recipe with Prudy@butter, basil and breadcrumbs for her guest blog series, Cookie Monday. It is an honor! I’m tickled pink that Prudy asked me to participate.
Prudy started her Cookie Monday series back in November…It’s a delicious way to start off your week!
I’m sharing my recipe for an Immune System Boosting Cookie. These cookies happen to be loaded with so called “power foods”. A list of the key ingredients is below with the “how” of they can help you avoid the dreaded cold and flu season. Pop on over to butter, basil and breadcrumbs for my complete post and recipe.
- Relieves congestion.
- Relieves pain and stiffness of muscles and joints.
- It’s a powerful anti-microbial agent that can kill E. coli and other bacteria.
- Calms muscle spasms and can aid nausea, vomiting, indigestion and diarrhea.
- Can relieve joint pain and increase circulation.
- Anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and antioxidant properties
- Relief from respiratory ailments such as asthma and bronchitis
- Eliminates intestinal parasites, fungi and bacteria
- Soothes nausea and other stomach upset
- Anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties
- Boosts the immune system
- High in iron, maganese, calcium, magnesium, potassium
- Also rich in copper, which helps your body make red blood cells and keeps your immune system healthy.
- Contain probiotics, healthy bacteria, to help promote a healthy gut.
- High in protein which is vital to cell growth, building muscle, and repairing tissue.
- Lemon peel contains essential nutrients including vitamin C which allow the body to resist infections as well as the subsequent ailments. Because of this, eating lemon peel is considered a good method for treating sore throat, flu, cold and similar infections.
- A good source of essential vitamins such as thiamin, folic acid, biotin, pantothenic acid and vitamin E. They also contain zinc, selenium, copper, iron, manganese and magnesium. Oat beta glucan also appears to help speed up response to infection, which may result in faster healing. According to a new study, it was discovered that beta glucan can enhance the ability of certain human immune cells to navigate to the site of a bacterial infection, resulting in faster healing.
- Helps to secrete enzymes with anti-bacterial properties that aid digestion and help to fight off nausea.
- Have anti-inflammatory properties from the high vitamin C content that will help to manage asthma, sore throat, cough and wheezing.
- A low fat and high energy food, raisins pack a high dose of antioxidants. Antioxidants play an important role in protecting the body’s cells from damaging compounds.
- Consumption of berries have potential health benefits against cancer, aging and neurological diseases, inflammation, diabetes, and bacterial infections.
- In addition, the berries are also good source of many vitamins like vitamin C, vitamin A, B-carotene, lutein, zea-xanthin, and folate and minerals like potassium, and manganese.
- Walnuts are rich source of energy and contain health benefiting nutrients, minerals, antioxidants and vitamins.
- Walnuts are beneficial for immunity. They have high levels of anti-oxidants in that help in keeping your immune system healthy and prevent the onset of diseases.
Looking for the recipe?? Click, here, to bop on over to butter, basil and breadcrumbs.